Coming up in just over 5 days, our ION Sri Lanka event will take place in Kandy, Sri Lanka, on Sunday, January 18, 2015, beginning at 10:00 am India Standard Time (IST, UTC+5:30). As our agenda shows, we have an ambitious list of sessions covering pretty much all of the topics we cover here at Deploy360. Sessions include:
- Welcome from the Internet Society Sri Lanka Chapter, Prof. Gihan Dias (Internet Society Sri Lanka Chapter)
- Two Years After World IPv6 Launch: Are We There Yet?, Vivek Nigam (APNIC)
- Why Implement DNSSEC?, Jitender Kumar (Afilias)
- Deploying DNSSEC: A .LK Case Study, Sashika Suren (LK Domain Registry)
- DANE: The Future of Transport Layer Security (TLS), Dan York (Internet Society)
- Lock it Up: TLS for Network Operators, Chris Grundemann (Internet Society)
- What’s Happening at the IETF? Internet Standards and How to Get Involved, Dan York (Internet Society) and Thilini Rajakaruna (former IETF Fellow)
- Operators & the IETF, Chris Grundemann (Internet Society)
- Best Current Operational Practices – An Update, Jan Žorž (Internet Society)
- IPv6 Success Stories– Network Operators Tell All!, Asela Galappattige (Sri Lanka Telecom); Senevi Herath (LEARN); Matsuzaki Yoshinobu (IIJ)
We have an excellent set of speakers and are very much looking forward to this event!
REGISTRATION IS FREE! If you can get to the Amaya Hills Hotel in Kandy, Sri Lanka, there is no additional cost to attend ION Sri Lanka. You do need to register by filling out the SANOG registration form.
If you will not be able to get to the ION Sri Lanka location, we’ll be offering a live video stream / webcast of the event via YouTube Live events. Do note that all events happen on Sunday, January 18, starting at 10:00 am India Standard Time (IST). Given that this is UTC+5:30, the start of ION Sri Lanka may actually be in the late hours of Saturday, January 17, for people in the United States. Here are some examples:
- 10:00 am, Sunday, Jan 18 – IST, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- 5:30 am, Sunday, Jan 18 – CET, central Europe
- 4:30 am, Sunday, Jan 18 – UTC
- 11:30 pm, Saturday, Jan 17 – EST, east coast, USA
- 8:30 pm, Saturday, Jan 17 – PST, west coast, USA
You may find it helpful to use one of the time/date conversion tools to ensure your timing is correct. All the sessions will be recorded for later viewing and the slides will be available online as well.
We remain excited to have Afilias as our ION Conference Series Sponsor, and Jitender Kumar from Afilias India will be at ION Sri Lanka speaking about ‘Why Implement DNSSEC’ in the morning. Afilias has proven to be a great partner for the past few IONs and we’re proud to have them on board.
To stay up-to-date about ION Sri Lanka you can also join:
We’re looking forward to seeing many people at the ION Sri Lanka event and joining in the other SANOG 25 activities happening there. If you are in Sri Lanka (or can get there), please do join us for ION Sri Lanka!
P.S. And if you want to get started today with IPv6, DNSSEC or other topics, please visit our Start Here page to begin – why wait for ION Sri Lanka? Why not start now?