It’s here! The first ION Conference of 2015 starts at 10AM IST / 0430 UTC. ION Sri Lanka is taking place at the Amaya Hills Resort in Kandy, Sri Lanka, on Sunday, 18 January. As our agenda shows, we have a great list of sessions covering all our Deploy360 topics. Here’s a quick list of the sessions and speakers:
- Welcome from the Internet Society Sri Lanka Chapter, Prof. Gihan Dias (Internet Society Sri Lanka Chapter)
- Two Years After World IPv6 Launch: Are We There Yet?, Vivek Nigam (APNIC)
- Why Implement DNSSEC?, Jitender Kumar (Afilias)
- Deploying DNSSEC: A .LK Case Study, Sashika Suren (LK Domain Registry)
- DANE: The Future of Transport Layer Security (TLS), Dan York (Internet Society)
- Lock it Up: TLS for Network Operators, Chris Grundemann (Internet Society)
- What’s Happening at the IETF? Internet Standards and How to Get Involved, Dan York (Internet Society) and Thilini Rajakaruna (former IETF Fellow)
- Operators & the IETF, Chris Grundemann (Internet Society)
- Best Current Operational Practices – An Update, Jan Žorž (Internet Society)
- IPv6 Success Stories – Network Operators Tell All!, Asela Galappattige (Sri Lanka Telecom); Senevi Herath (LEARN); Matsuzaki Yoshinobu (IIJ)
As usual, REGISTRATION IS FREE! If you can get to Kandy, there is no additional cost to attend ION Sri Lanka. You do need to register by filling out the SANOG registration form.
If you cannot be here in person, we will live stream / webcast the event via YouTube Live events. Note that given this is UTC+5:30, the start of ION Sri Lanka may actually be in the late hours of Saturday, 17 January for people in the United States. You may find it helpful to use one of the time/date conversion tools to ensure your timing is correct. All the sessions will be recorded for later viewing and the slides will be available online as well and linked from the agenda.
We remain excited to have Afilias as our ION Conference Series Sponsor, and Jitender Kumar from Afilias India is here speaking about ‘Why Implement DNSSEC.’ Afilias has proven to be a great partner for the past few IONs and we’re proud to have them on board.
To stay up-to-date about ION Sri Lanka you can also join:
We’re excited to be here for ION Sri Lanka and SANOG 25. If you are in Sri Lanka (or can get here), please do join us!
P.S. And if you want to get started today with IPv6, DNSSEC or other topics, please visit our Start Here page to begin – why wait for ION Sri Lanka? Why not start now?