It’s another packed week at IETF 101 in London, and we’re bringing you daily blog posts highlighting the topics of interest to us in the ISOC Internet Technology Team. Monday is a very full day with two important IPv6 working groups, one on IoT, a couple on routing, and another couple related to crypto.
NOTE: If you are unable to attend IETF 101 in person, there are multiple ways to participate remotely.
IPWAVE is running in parallel with V6OPS. It’s focusing on a couple of working group-sponsored drafts including a specification for transmitting IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks in Vehicle-to-Internet and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure communications; and defining the use cases for IP-based vehicular networks, but will also be discussing re-chartering.
In the evening session starting at 17.40 GMT/UTC, there’s a choice of TLS, DHC or GROW.
This is the first TLS session of the week, and the important TLS 1.3 agenda items will be covered during the Wednesday session. This session will discuss drafts on TLS Options for Negotiation of Visibility in Datacenters and Record Header Extensions for (D)TLS; and there will also be a discussion on TLS-SRP that a set of cryptographic protocols that provide secure communication based on passwords.
DHC has three IPv6-related drafts on its agenda, including DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Source Address Option; YANG Data Model for DHCPv6 Configuration; and Link Layer Addresses Assignment Mechanism for DHCPv6.
Finally, GROW has an interesting agenda item relating to IRR vs RPKI parity regarding AS-SETs.
Relevant Working Groups
- IPv6 Operations (v6ops) – Viscount @ 09.30-12.00 GMT/UTC
- IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (ipwave) – Sandringham @ 09.30-12.00 GMT/UTC
- IPv6 Maintenance (6man) – Viscount @ 13.30-15.30 GMT/UTC
- Inter-Domain Routing (idr) – Buckingham @ 15.50-17.20 GMT/UTC
- Crypto Forum (cfrg) – Balmoral @ 15.50-17.20 GMT/UTC
- Transport Layer Security (tls) – Balmoral @ 17.40-18.40 GMT/UTC
- Dynamic Host Configuration (dhc) – Viscount @ 17.40-18.40 GMT/UTC
- Global Routing Operations (grow) – Blenheim @ 17.40-18.40 GMT/UTC