Are you working to build a better Internet for women? Do you know initiatives that are promoting the development of digital skills for girls? Is your organization contributing to defend the Internet by helping women get equal access to leadership opportunities?
If the answers are yes, we have something for you.
The Awards recognize groundbreaking initiatives from around the world aimed at bridging the gender digital divide.
The nomination period will run until June 11, 2019. You can nominate your own initiatives or those of others for an award in one of the following categories:
- Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity, and security
- Skills: Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
- Leadership (two subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide
- Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields
The annual EQUALS in Tech Awards are organized and presented by the EQUALS Global Partnership – a network of 90+ organizations, companies, UN agencies, and research institutions. The Internet Society is proud to be the Chair of the Steering Committee and a member of the Coalitions.
The winners will be announced during the awards ceremony that will take place in November in Berlin as a side event at the Internet Governance Forum. Winners will be invited to attend and share their inspiring stories.
We know that our community of Chapters, Special Interest Groups, Organization Members, and Partners are doing a lot to improve women’s digital inclusion in many corners of the world. We want to encourage everyone to nominate their initiatives or help us to identify those who are working to build, promote, and defend the Internet for women and girls.
For information about how to submit a nomination, please visit: www.equals.org/awards
Interested in helping to tackle the digital gender divide, but don’t know where to start?
- Read the latest EQUALS report “Taking Stock: Data and Evidence on Gender Digital Equality EQUALS Report” where you can find valuable data and analysis that will give you ideas and inform your work.
- Join SIG Women, which aims to “promote a global neutral space that works towards the involvement of women in technology and contributes to reducing the gender gap in the field.” Currently, there are many initiatives in different regions throughout the world.