To get started working with DNSSEC in your applications, here are some suggestions.
1. Understand the basics of DNSSEC. If you would like to understand more of the basics of DNSSEC, we suggest starting with this video (and this video interview) and also viewing the following resources:
2. Learn how to deploy DNSSEC-validating DNS resolvers. For Internet Service Providers and other network operators, the most important aspect of DNSSEC may be to deploy “DNSSEC-validating DNS resolvers” that allow users on your network to be able to have their DNS queries validated with DNSSEC. To learn more about how you can get started deploying DNSSEC resolvers on your network, we would suggest beginning with this whitepaper from SURFnet:
3. Determine what tools may be out there to help automate your usage of DNSSEC.
4. Understand what developer libraries are out there that support DNSSEC:
5. Explore how you could use DANE to provide an extra layer of trust and protection to TLS/SSL certificates:
6. Sign your own domains:
7. Build the case for management about your deployment of DNSSEC:
8. Keep up-to-date on the latest DNSSEC news and activities:
Please let us know how we can help you get DNSSEC deployed!