The notion to protect children online is new in Uganda and many are not taking precautionary steps to provide safe online spaces for children. The legal and regulatory frameworks that exist are inadequate in addressing online child safety. This project aims to:
- Undertake research on how young children use the internet in 3 urban schools in Uganda
- Create awareness among young users on how to stay safe on the internet in 3 urban schools in Uganda
- Build capacity of children and educators (teachers and parents) on how to stay safe online
- Develop a user guide on how to stay safe online for young users and
- Advocate and lobby for sound policies that ensure internet safety.