The Petitions period is now closed.
2016 Board of Trustees nominees
To make a petition request:
- A statement on which election the candidate wants to run for – the Chapters Election or the Organizational Members Election
- A statement that the candidate will be able to devote an appropriate level of time to serve on the Internet Society Board of Trustees.
- A short statement of what the petition candidate believes he or she would contribute as a Trustee of the Internet Society.
To support a petition:
- Signatures in support of a petition shall be filed electronically and must be received by 15:00 UTC on 4 March 2016 — deadline extended to 15:00 UTC on Monday, 7 March.
- The message must include the Organizational Member’s or Chapter’s name and the name of the candidate whose petition is supported.
- To constitute a “signature” the email must be sent from the Election Representative of a Chapter or Organizational Member that is eligible to participate in this election, and is subject to the Internet Society’s verification.
- Each signature must come directly from the Election Representative via email to an address matched to the ISOC member register by the Internet Society staff.
- The Election Representative must send a separate e-mail for each candidate he or she wishes to support to the candidate’s individual Internet Society petition mailbox.
- Each petitioner shall be provided with copies of all signature e-mails for his or her candidacy and periodic reports about his or her status in obtaining signatures.
- Participating Organizational Members or Chapters can sign petitions for candidates running within their own constituency only. A Participating Organizational Member or Chapter may sign more than one petition.
What makes a successful petition?
What will happen next
The following persons have, thus far, filed petitions with the ISOC Nominations Committee for the election of the constituency listed:
With this note, I formally petition you and the Nominations Committee to include me in the list of candidates for the BoT Election (Chapters constituency).
Mailbox address for signatures* in support of this petition: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Signatures in support of a petition must be filed electronically and received by 15:00 UTC on 7 March 2016. For the purposes of this policy, a “signature” shall be an email expressing support for the candidate’s petition sent by the Election Representative of a Chapter (i.e. Voting Delegate) or Organisational Member (i.e. Voting Representative) that is eligible to participate in the 2016 election, and is subject to the Internet Society’s verification. The message should include the Chapter’s or Organisational Member’s name and the name of the candidate whose petition is supported. Each signature in support of this petition must come directly from the Election Representative via email to the email address listed above. The Election Representative must send a separately e-mailed signature for each candidate he or she wishes to support to the candidate’s individual petition mailbox as designated by the Internet Society.